Norwegian Forest Blanket Pattern




I named this blanket "Norwegian forest" because it reminds me of the pictures of beautiful and powerful Norwegian landscapes my friend sent me when she left to live in Norway. I was fascinated with that endless, icy and serene beauty... minimalistic but powerful!



The blanket measures approximately 86 x 86 cm (34" x 34") and it is consisted of 16 granny squares, (20 x 20 cm) joined with single crochet.



For this blanket I chose a yarn I have never worked with before. It's "Una" from St. George, 115m/50g, 55% acrylic, 40% cotton and 5% metalized polyester. The yarn is breath taking, streaked with silver threads, and I'm very sorry I didn't manage to show all that beauty in the pictures. The reason why these pictures don't reflect true beauty of this yarn is because I use only natural light for shooting, and these winter days are so dark and gloomy... Anyway, it was a real pleasure to work with this soft, amazing yarn.



I used 4 mm crochet hook (USA - size G-6, UK - size 8). The pattern is written using U.S. crochet terms.



Like all my patterns, this one is also very detailed. There are step-by-step instruction on how to make the square, as well as how to make the border, with more than 120 step-by-step photographs. I also made crochet charts for square and border, and there are written patterns for square and border, too. I hope that this pattern will be very easy to follow, because I wrote it having in mind that not so long ago I was an inexperienced crocheter (read: beginner) with absolutely no clue about crochet! I remember so well how I appreciated any detailed step-by-step tutorial which I was able to follow with my poor knowledge of crochet!



The pattern has 22 pages! Can you believe it?



The Norwegian Forest Blanket Pattern is now available in Dada's shop.

Labels: ,